It’s of critical importance to look out and be aware of the relationship flags that you may encounter along the way.
They are signs that something is very wrong and that you are not right for each other. Otherwise, you won’t have a very good time. It may damage your health even if it is really bad. So, if these red flags pop up it is best to break things up early, and try to find somebody else with whom you won’t see these flags. You don’t get anything by being in an unhealthy relationship. It is common sense really. It’s something where you should trust your gut and what you feel when you’re with the other person. If you start feeling undervalued or ashamed, look for something else.
Some of the most common relationship red flags are the following:
1. If you need alcohol to make things work, it’s not a good sign. The same goes for other substances. If you can only share mutual time while you are under the influence, you may want to look for something else.
2. You can’t commit. Or your partner can’t commit. Or the said goes for the both of you. Yes, some people find it much more difficult to commit to one another, but if it’s that obvious that you can’t commit to one another, things are not going so well.
3. You don’t share non verbal communication. They talk to you, but they actually look at the TV or their phone or something else. This is a red flag.
4. Too much jealousy. A little is fine, but if your partner doesn’t allow you to hang with your friends or do something else, it’s time for a change.
5. Too much control. If things start getting weird and your partner doesn’t let you think about certain things or do some things you like, it’s a sure sign you’re not for one another.
6. No emotions, just sex. If your relationship is only based on the physical, without any hint of the emotional, you might want to look for something else. However, some people like it this way.
7. You don’t get to share any one on one time. It’s a sure sign of a big problem if your partner doesn’t want to spend any alone time with, except when you’re sleeping together.
8. You have no strong feelings. If you don’t feel any particular thing for your partner, it is logical to move on. Don’t dwell on something you don’t like.
9. You are constantly thinking about how it would be if you would brake up. If you don’t see your future together with your partner, you just think how things would be if you would break up, change your partner.
10. You want to end things. This is the most common sense red flag, if you don’t stand your partner, you feel like it’s a toxic relationship, or you just don’t to be together anymore, end this immediately.
Milan Budimkic is a creative freelance writer for industries that include but are not limited to the travel, sport, entertainment, internet marketing, and much more. When not blogging, Milan likes to travel and read a lot.