Here are few places where you can enjoy with your family.
1) Hikkaduwa beach: Hikkaduwa is a famous beach in Sri Lanka and your family can enjoy the following activities:
- Beach spot for getting sun-tanned and relaxing.
- Diving in the beach waters.
- Snorkelling under the waters.
- Spas for pampering yourself.
- Visit Turtle Farms.
- Excellent sun-set view.
2) Mirissa beach: Your family can find the quiet solitude here and also enjoy the following activities:
- Whale watching.
3) Yala National Park: This is the second largest Park in Sri Lanka and most visited tourist spot. Your family can enjoy the following activities:
- Best Wildlife Safaris.
- Elephants and Leopards are the main attraction.
- 6 National Parks in the vicinity.
- 3 wild life sanctuaries nearby.
- The Park has wet monsoon vegetation, marine wetlands and freshwater plants.
4) Galle Face Green: This is a great place to visit in the capital city. Your family can enjoy the following:
- Magnificent Sunset.
- Place to relax in the evenings in the lawn that is sea-facing.
- Nice place for kids to play.
- Visit Galle Face Hotel nearby.
5) Kandy: Kandy is the second largest city in SriLanka. Your family can enjoy the following:
- Fresh air and cool weather.
- Buddhist temples where the popular one is Dalada Maligawa also known as the Tooth Temple.
- Countryside views, valleys, hills, rivers and lakes within the city.
- Annual Kandyan Perahara is a tourist attraction.
- Victoria Golf and Country Club for golfers.
- Mahaweli river
- Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya to see the amazing flora and fauna in the city.
- Kandy Lake.
6) Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage: It is visited by local and international tourists. Your family can enjoy the following:
- Elephant’s daily routine.
- Baby Elephant bottle feeding.
- Elephant rides.
7) Nuwara- Eliya: This city is known as “Little England”. Your family can enjoy the following:
- The Haggala Botanical Gardens.
- 18 hole golf course for people who love to play golf.
8) Horton Plains: If you want to go to an elevation over 2000 m, this place is recommended. Your family can enjoy the following:
- Best villages in SriLanka.
9) Sigiriya: It is also known as the Rock Fortress. Your family can enjoy the following:
- Water gardens.
- Ramparts and Moats.
- Giant stone lion paws
- Art work seen in Sigiriya frescoes.
10) Anuradhapura: This is where the first kingdom of Sri-Lanka reigned. Your family can enjoy the following:
- Ruwanweliseya Stupa, one of the largest structures in history.
- Sri Maha Bodhi where Buddha got his enlightenment.
- Early irrigation system that irrigates paddy cultivation.
If you want to visit Sri Lanka you must have the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) before or after arrival. The Sri Lanka visa is valid for 30 days. However, the Passport must be valid for six months. There are country based regulations which you need to follow and visitors generally use the online system to avoid delays. Citizens from Singapore, Seychelles and Maldives are exempted from Srilanka ETA visa and it will be provided to them free of cost upon entry. People from Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Somalia, Syria and Nigeria need to have return tickets as well. Sri Lanka is relatively a safe place and crime rate is quite low. This country has a neat landscape of natural beauty and diversity and this makes it one of the most popular visited places in the world.
Alice is a writer who writes articles on different topics. As of now she is focusing on Srilanka ETA visa which will enables to Visa Assistance service.