The human body is a magical union of flesh and bones. Ranging from 206 bones to 650 skeletal muscles, it portrays an astounding array of numbers.
Despite the enormity of these numbers, a magic box sitting inside the head rules all the elements.
Well, we all know that the magic box inside the head is an organ called the brain. Each progress made by mankind on the path of innovation owes its success to this organ.
Biology defines this organ as a box of tissues. But beyond the realms of biology, the human brain constitutes abstract notions. Abstractions take the form of thoughts, ideas, intellect, choices, memory, imagination, creativity, etc. The development of these abstract notions demands a lifetime of experience.
The lifetime begins when a child is born and with that begins an unending process of learning.
Your child’s mind is like an empty canvas, waiting for the inception of information and knowledge. The introduction of brain games into his/her life would accelerate the growth rate of the brain and initiate a learning process.
The importance of playing such games with your kids follows underneath-
● Improvement in Problem-solving Abilities: The foundation for problem-solving is a belief in the existence of a definite solution to every problem. Early discovery of this belief is key to future problem-solving abilities.
Every puzzle comes with a solution which induces the development of the belief.
● Enhancement of Memory: According to the study, Frequent solving of riddles, puzzles and brain teasers leads to a good memory. The brain fetches information from the sands of forgetfulness. Recurring revision of the already acquired knowledge ensures it’s incorporation into the memory cells.
● Increased Concentration: A distracted mind is incapable of playing brain games. Achievement of excellence in these games demands complete focus and attention.
Your kid would learn to build a concentrated mind and achieve mental focus.
● Critical and Analytical Skills: A regular exercise of playing brain games with kids teaches them to question the occurrence of events. The child learns to raise questions at an early age.
What if? Why? When? How? Asking questions breaks the shackles of limited thinking and lets the brain explore possibilities. Most of these games lead to the development of reasoning abilities.
● Stimulation of Thought Processing Speed: Playing brain games involves consistent and simultaneously running thought processes.
The increased application of the brain enhances its utility and capacity. As a result, your kid thinks better and faster.
● Increase in General Awareness: You can choose the games to play with your kids to provide desirable exposure. The diverse range of games span across all genres. Moreover, you can custom design a game to play with your kid.
Brain games, related to basic knowledge and general awareness, do the needful task.
● Sense of Accomplishment: Every kid loves to win. Playing a game against an opponent instills a burning desire to win. This establishes a healthy and competitive environment for the growth of your kid. A successive victory in the game gives him/her moments of joy and happiness.
The feeling of accomplishment takes birth and motivates him/her.
● Development of Patience and Persistence: Playing such games requires a constant application of the brain. Comprehension and thought processing skills are put to work.
This demands patience.
While victory brings joy, failure teaches acceptance and persistence. Failure is the stepping stone towards success. The acknowledgment and acceptance of this fact by your kid are of utmost importance.
● Healthy distraction: Brain games offer a healthy distraction as against watching cartoon channels on the television screen. They lend your kid a productive capacity in times of idleness and boredom.
Wouldn’t an hour of productive gameplay be better than an hour spent watching TV?
● Confidence & Creativity: The development of confidence is complementary to the feelings of accomplishment. Reiterated encounters with success and failure remove the fear of losing. Thus, confidence finds a place in your child’s heart and mind.
Gameplay exposes the brain to the idea of multiple possibilities. Exposure to different games opens the windows of the brain. Be it playing with blocks, solving a Rubix cube or putting together the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle- the mental horizons are expanded beyond limits. Imagination takes birth in the lap of creativity.
● Language and communication skills: Solving puzzles like crosswords and word games with your kids can enhance their communication skills in the long run. Children come across new words while playing these games and try to incorporate those words into sentences. Vocabulary enrichment goes a long way in shaping your kid’s life and future.
● Mental Health and Wellness: Brain games contribute to the health and well being of a person. Scientific studies prove that these games activate brain cells. This activation protects an individual against the risk of brain diseases and disorders. Brain games play a significant role in the wholesome growth of your child. The recognition of this potential has instigated the emergence of various newly designed games.
Various online and offline sources offer mind-boggling puzzles to solve. Pick your first puzzle today from penny dell crossword 911 website and have a fun time solving it with your kid.
Conclusion: Health refers to the physical, emotional and mental well being of a person. While regular exercise ensures physical well being, frequent indulgence in brain games contributes to the mental well being.
Brain games are to the mind what exercise is to the body. With your kids, start early and start fresh.
As you read this article, is your kid straining his eyes before the T.V set?
So now, you know the right thing to do.
Rebecca Siggers is a Teacher and passionate writer. She enjoys writing about the Kids learning activities, Parenting tips, effects of Puzzles and Crosswords all around the globe. She has been working as a freelance writer for quite some time now. Through her writing, she hopes to influence as many people as possible to help kids grow their mental skills.